Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Soaking and sprouting

My new thing is making my own sprouts. I just got sick of paying almost three dollars for not so crispy ones at the store. I have so far made fenugreek and alfalfa sprouts. The verdict is in and it is that I wish I started this phase of my life years ago. Homemade sprouts ROCK! The fenugreek are really good for nursing mammas, they help produce more milk! The other thing I have been doing tons of is soaking my nuts before eating them. I have read that soaking nuts for 12 hours cuts the fat content in half while making them much easier to digest. The soaked nuts also make the vitamins and minerals more accessible to your body. Sounds good to me! Hope everyone out in the blog-o-sphere is enjoying the last fleeting days of summer!

1 comment:

  1. Interested in getting free Meatless Monday recipes sent to you by the Humane Society of the United States? Check out the link below to find out how! http://www.humanesociety.org/forms/meatfree_recipe_subscriptions.html

    ReplyDelete