Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Chocolate peanut butter cups
Ok, enough with being so healthy, lets have some fun! Yesterday I was craving something salty sweet and delicious and this recipe from Alicia Silverstones' "The Kind Life" foot the bill perfectly.
1/2 cup Earth Balance butter (I use the one with olive oil because I'm not down with canola)
3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter (preferably unsweetened and unsalted)
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs or 10 graham cracker squares
1/4 cup maple sugar or other granulated sweetener
1 cup grain-sweetened, nondairy chocolate or carob chips
1/4 cup soy, rice, or nut milk (I used unsweetened vanilla hemp milk)
1/4 cup chopped pecans, almonds, or peanuts
1. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. (If You Care makes unbleached liners made from recycled paper.) Set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
3. Stir in the peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, and maple sugar and mix well.
4. Remove the mixture from the heat. Evenly divide the mixture, approximately 2 tablespoons per cup, among the muffin cups.
5. Combine the chocolate and milk in another pan. Stir over medium heat until the chocolate has melted.
6. Spoon the chocolate evenly over the peanut butter mixture.
7. Top with chopped nuts.
8. Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
You will be amazed at how these little morsels melt in your mouth and leave you craving for more!