Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Kale Chips


I have been hearing all about how you can bake Kale and make it taste like potato chips. Well I just had to try this bag from our local natural foods store the other day. It took all of about 7 minutes for the hubby and I to scarf down this entire seven dollar treat. Naturally now I have to start making it. The ones I bought are dehydrated and since I don't have a dehydrator I plan on removing the hard inner part of the kale and baking them at 300 degrees until crispy. I am going to try and recreate the taste of these and so I plan on putting cashews, lemon juice, miso, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, habanero powder, garlic powder, and salt into the food processor and then coating my kale with it before putting it into the oven. I will report later on how they taste, in the meantime ... maybe you should try something new today too! I am just so inspired by all of the vegan food blogs I see. Just yesterday I found this cool one called www.vegandad.blogspot.com. It was so fun to read all about all of the food being cooked in other kitchens by other people that looks so good to me. I hope I can inspire with my blog as I am constantly encouraged and motived by different blogs I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment