Sunday, May 9, 2010

Ravioli's and things


Yummy, Rising Moon has a vegan ravioli with butternut squash in it and my whole family likes it. Its a good thing when everyone eats the same thing, less work for me! Tonight we ate it with red sauce (organic bottled stuff, I added pureed sweet potatoes to it to spice it up a bit) and with homemade pesto. We also dined on steamed broccoli with Earth Balance and a salad with beets, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, cucumbers and pecans. I also made a dressing of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, garlic, strawberry jam and a dash of salt and pepper. A divine meal was had by all. Even my dad who ribbed me mercilessly about my new vegan eating. I know he means no harm though, its just very different from how most people have been taught. I am grateful that I have educated myself and that I know I am doing the best thing for me. Each to their own in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment